Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 5
Welcome to Hayley Johnson Photography {The Blog}. Won't you grab yourself a warm chai tea and stay a while?

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today I Am A Wedding Photographer... {Wagga Wagga Wedding Photographer}



An overwhelming wave of emotion passed over me today... 
a lump in my throat... tears welled in my eyes... 
as it suddenly occurred to me that I was about to document the happiest day in Elisha and Mark's life 
thus far...
That I had been chosen to capture the moments surrounding their nuptials... 
That I was the wedding photographer!

As I made my journey from capturing the stunning details of the reception venue...
to the motel where I would document the bride and her gorgeous sisters as they giggled and dressed for this most special of days...

It occurred to me that I had been blessed... yet again...
in being a part of this momentous occasion...
that those moments that I would capture...
Would be treasured always...
as a way to remember...
to share...
to enjoy...
Always.

It occurred to me that suddenly...
on this very day...
I am a wedding photographer.

Today was such a special day, 
for Elisha and Mark...
and for myself... 

I am proud that they were my first Bride and Groom...
I am honored to have spent my afternoon in their company...
to have laughed with them...
to have been a part of their wedding day...
To have been chosen to document it for them...
So that always, those moments will be frozen in time.

And so... I give you now...
just a sneak peek of an AMAZING Bride and Groom...
 
And very soon...
I will share with you, THEIR story...
along with many more images!





3 comments:

Megan said...

Stunning. Charming. Exquisite.

Hayley said...

I received this email from Elisha today, so I thought I had best share it here:

"Hi!!!

Thank you so much for yesterday. We had an awesome day... and night!!! I am in love with the pics you've put up!!! (besides my crazy face when I'm pulling Mark's braces.. lol!!)
They are amazing!!! You're such a talent!!!
Mark's aunty told us about the cake incident... how funny!!!

Thank you so much again and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous shots.

Elisha xx "

As for the cake incident... well, you will just have to wait for that story... x

Berlynn said...

love these :) and the emotion behind, I know exactly what you mean!

Post a Comment