Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 5
Welcome to Hayley Johnson Photography {The Blog}. Won't you grab yourself a warm chai tea and stay a while?

Sunday, October 25, 2009

iHeart Faces Challenge {Wagga Wagga Portrait Photographer}




So it's time for another iHeart Faces challenge... This week's theme is of course, Halloween Dress Up!
Halloween isn't so big around here, and although I have talked for weeks about getting some things together for a themed photo shoot, for one reason or another, it just hasn't happened!  So, lucky for me, this challenge also allows for any kind of dress ups for those of us who just don't do the Halloween thing!!

For once, I didn't immediately know what photo I would use for the challenge, as two came to mind... Shall it be Ella as Snow White, or Maddison as a fairy?  I do love them both.  Then I thought about it a little more... that my choice for these challenges has never been so much about the image as it has about the capture... about the meaning of the photo...

Maddison's portraits were just days before her 7th birthday...
Months after she had moved with the family interstate...
months after we had last laid eyes on her... cuddled her... kissed her forehead.
In those months, Maddison had blossomed into an amazingly warm and gentle soul...
a young lady...
and I wanted to celebrate that.
So off we went, to an abandoned house...
Camera in hand...
In a field of weeds...
with her wings upon her back...
the sun on her skin...
and the wind in her hair...
So delicate... Ladylike... Beautiful...
And I captured so much of who she has become...
In just one lonely image...
This is Maddison...
Through my eyes...
Through my lens.





49 comments:

The Bartlett Family said...

AWWW this is such an adorable picture! Love the bubbles!

Cheryle said...

Breathtaking!

Gry Offernes said...

Gorgeous photo of a adorable girl!

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Ahhh...that is sweet!

Brad said...

Beautiful princess.. and the bubbles are great.

Julie Rivera Photography said...

Beautiful feel to this picture! You have indeed captured the essence of the child here.

Natalie said...

And she is stunning! Beautiful capture!!

Life with Kaishon said...

She is lovely! Great use of bubbles in this picture. Really wonderful addition! Her wings are sensational! Little girls are SO fun : )

the monkeys' mama said...

i don't know what your other photo choice would have been but this photo is absolutely incredible! Well done.

Josie said...

What sweet love. You have captured your true emotion in this shot. She's so sweet, and great scenery!

Monika said...

Gorgeous!!!

leslie said...

beautiful!!

Tara said...

Love it! The bubbles are great too!. Cute! Cute! Cute!

Candace said...

Gorgeous! LOVE it :)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Gorgeous shot!

Amy
Co-Founder
I Heart Faces

Mindy said...

Love it! Very nice shot!

Rosina said...

simply stunning!!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful....love the bubbles!

Annette said...

Lovely. Such a thoughtful capture you made. Love the bubbles. Well done.

Sweet LadyBug said...

What a beautiful picture! Love it!

jen@odbt said...

So dreamlike. What a great capture of your little girl. Love the feel to your photo...makes me smile.

Terrie Farrell said...

Lovely. Thanks for sharing

Tami said...

This is a great capture...love the field and bubbles and outfit. Great photo!

Tomara said...

Beautiful fairy! I love the details of the grass in front! Her face is gorgeous and this is a perfect shot!

Carly said...

Your photo is perfect in every way!

Ellie said...

Beautiful! Such a fairy like quality - well done.

☼¨`*•.♥Rocío♥.•*¨`☼ said...

Aww how darling, she is perfect!
Beautiful Backround
L☺VE♥IT!!!
Have a Great Day!
~Rocío a.k.a."Mamí♥Picture"
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Crystal said...

Oh my what a beautiful photo. I just love it so much very good job. Beautiful little girl :)

Marice said...

she is so lovely and the shot is perfect :)

thanks for stoppin by mine :)

Chris and Teresa Clark said...

What a beautiful picture! And thanks for commenting on my picture, too! :o)

Diana said...

Beautiful image!!!! ~Diana~

Bunch of Barrons said...

This shot is absolutely gorgeous...wonderful job. :)

Lyndsey said...

What a beautiful photo. I love it, I love the wings, I love her hair blowing, and HELLO gotta love the crown! Thanks for stopping by to say hello!

Sarah Jones said...

Wonderful choice!

Taylor said...

I can't stop looking at this shot!! LOVE, love, love it. I'de love to see the snow white one too.

kris... said...

This is awesome!

Kyla said...

What a precious photo! She truly is a little princess. I love the muted colors and the depth of field. Simply gorgeous!

(*Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. It is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful week!)

The Butler Family said...

Thank you for the comment! Your picture is great! I love the bubbles...

sodarnhappy said...

This is gorgeous!

**Nicole** said...

Perfect shot! Love the bubbles!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my entry as well!

MRS Jen McNeil said...

Beautiful job!!!!! LOVE IT! Thanks for your comment too!!!

jen said...

Absolutely beautiful! And your description is so moving!

Jessica said...

I love this this!! The bubbles are amazing! Beautiful portrait. And thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Missy said...

Wow! That's amazing! Love the bubbles!

Patty said...

This one is my favorite!!

Anonymous said...

This is BY FAR my favorite entry. Your blog is so beautiful that I decided to take a look around and honestly Hayley you are incredibly talented. Your writing is the stuff of novels and your photos are so emotive. You will go far. Very very far.

Stephanie Louise

Anonymous said...

This photo is amazing. You are amazing!

*Lola Trimboli*

Penny V said...

Breathtaking. Beautiful. Stunning. Need I go on?
I always enjoy your blog.
I check your blog all too often for new images.
And new words.
I love your words.

Athena714 said...

That is absolutely beautiful. So playful and innocent and magical...

Post a Comment