Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 5
Welcome to Hayley Johnson Photography {The Blog}. Won't you grab yourself a warm chai tea and stay a while?

Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Blog Design Launched { Wagga Wagga Portrait Photographer}


YAY!!! Isn't it B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!

So, I have been M.I.A. from my darling blog for a little while due to having been on a total rollercoaster
ride designing my new blog, to match my {not~quite~finished} website...
Yep, I want it all to match {and look beautiful of course!} And, this little project had me swinging from pulling
out my hair, smiling, almost in tears, getting a tad excited when I thought I was close... Totally an up and down experience!!
The design part was simple really,
I had a vision... So implementing that as a jpeg design was not at all difficult, put a photo here, a title there,
add a little colour... BEAUTIFUL!
However, making it into a blog template that suited my
Photography Blog however {or any blog for that matter}...
Well, that was down right impossible for someone as HTML challenged as I apparently am!!!

I spent hours googling and experimenting in a test blog, trying to get this JUST perfect and I tell you,
my laptop and I were very close to no longer being friends!!
Right when I felt defeated I thought my only option was to ask for a little help from someone totally blog
savvy and HTML friendly...
and that's when April came to the rescue... She is an INSANELY terrific blog designer with so much skill and
pizazz that I am just... well, jealous actually!!
She is incredibly generous, offering tonnes of freebie buttons and blinkies and she only does custom blog templates
because... well... everyone is different and so your blog should be also! Scour her portfolio which is filled
to the very brim with delicious designs and darling graphics... It is easy to see how versatile she is, with her
designs catering to a broad array of clients and I am guessing from her assistance over this past week, she could
customise just about anything to suit anyone at all!!!

And, as if that's not enough... Her designs don't stop at blogs,
this girl is totally loaded with inspiration and talent and she custom designs all sorts of gorgeous bits and pieces
such as invitations and stationery!

April has been a God send to me this week, she has saved my full head of hair from being torn out in frustration
and my sanity by spending a LONG time and about 150 emails back and forth in discussion
with the totally mind~boggled ME!! Will I ever be able to truly thank April enough? I think not!!

You see, the problem with me is {and always has been}, rather than doing something the way it should be done and
working with what is available...
I do the complete opposite and decide what I want {which quickly transfers to "what I think I NEED"} and then spend a HUGE
amount of time and energy making it
possible! Okay, so this IS indeed a great way to learn something new BUT it also has its low points, like the
MASSIVE amount of frustration and
me never being able to settle for anything less than what I now have my heart set on... A little spoiled it might
seem... Yes indeedy... Not my best quality by any means... Perhaps even a personality flaw, but as they say,
recongising there is a problem is the first step... admitting it... You're half way there!

Just lucky for me there are beautiful, kind strangers out there like there ever~talented April to fly to the
rescue and have things up and running in no time
at all... "That's easy" She says... EASY!! Now, I {and everyone else who has had the displeasure of hearing
me complain about my blog drama in the last 7 days!}
know it was not at all "EASY"... It was FAR from "EASY"... April is just soooo talented and incredibly generous in
sharing her time and knowledge with me, and well, I have no doubt that to her, it was easy... After all, this woman
knows her stuff!!!

Make sure you swing by and show her beautiful blog some love... and keep her in mind for any blog upgrades or
makeovers, I just know she could do ANYTHING at all that your heart would desire!!! Look what she did for spoiled
little me! Seriously, this woman is like a Blog design GOD!!!

I tell you, if you only allow yourself to look around, and ask for a little help... There are some amazingly beautiful
people out there who will lend their time and their knowledge to those in need! Generosity is still around, in
bucketloads... and April is filled to the brim with it!!!

Go on, take a look... http://www.aprilshowersblogdesign.com/

Thanks April for being the terrific, generous and insanely talented person that you are... You made my blog beautiful
and day a LOT brighter!


And for those of you who only love me for my Eye Candy {I know, you have been SOOO neglected of late!}...
A little sneak peek of a perfect little princess...
Miss Ella!



4 comments:

Kylie B said...

Oh Hayley, Your new blog is gorgeous. Both You and April are so clever. This is just so pretty and it suits you so much more.

April said...

Thanks for the AWESOME shout out! And you're exaggerating! It was no problem to help ya out...you're awsome and I might even post about this..tee, hee. *feeling impressed with self*

YOU did the hard part...

Diandra Ann said...

um... soooo cute! love her princess dress! :)

Taylor said...

This is so sweet too! Very enchanting. Her expression is just precious. Great shot.

Post a Comment