Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 5
Welcome to Hayley Johnson Photography {The Blog}. Won't you grab yourself a warm chai tea and stay a while?

Sunday, November 1, 2009

No Words Can Describe... {Wagga Wagga Portrait Photographer}



Usually as I sit at my laptop to edit my images, the words that will accompany them in a post just simply flow...
So often, long before I have uploaded the images, the story begins to spill from me so quickly that should I not type fast enough... I fear they will be gone.
The same cannot quite be said for this post... Though, the words came to me  long before the portrait session even began... Long before I began to photograph... document... edit... I found myself wondering, could words ever truly do justice for what I wanted to express... What I feel... About this family.  I could probably write all day about the integrity, love and sacrifice that is ever so evident within this family unit... The reasons I am so proud of Dan and Karron... The things that make them unique and special... But those who know them already are most aware... for I can be certain they too see what I see... For those of you who don't... Well, you will just have to trust me!

I was so delighted and honoured when I was asked to document this family, for so many reasons.
 This love story began twelve long years ago... Karron and Dan were just fourteen... At first, a crush... unrequited...
Each being disheartened that the other did not share their feelings.  Karron expresses that for her, it was love at first sight... and Dan says the same. 



I myself have watched this boy grow up to be the man he is today, just as I now watch his children grow.
It would almost be too difficult to believe that the little rascal I remember so very well, could have grown up to be the wonderful husband and father that I know him to now be, if I'd not witnessed it myself.
Though a little cheeky in his younger years, Dan honestly has grown up to be such an honourable man and I am so very proud of him!
Though each were certain there was a little something between them at such a young age, it appeared there was a different path mapped out than what they would have hoped, or expected...
Their feelings remaining secret for so long... both moving on with their lives... Apart...



Karron was just 16 when little Miss Hannah Rose came along... such a tender age to become a mother... and yet she took on the responsibility with everything in her... to become one of the most devoted and loving mothers I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Her dear father helped out by caring for Hannah through the days...
So that Karron could finish her schooling...
That in itself, a great accomplishment.



In time, it became more than obvious that destiny did indeed intend for Dan and Karron to cross paths again, and the attraction was undeniable.
Not a moment longer was spent apart.

Dan has taken Hannah Rose into his arms and heart as his own...
and she adores him no less than is physically possible...
Everything about this family was carefully planned by destiny...
Each child hand picked for them...
A love not less than perfect.



Jobi Lane George arrived a little over a year after Dan and Karron finally united ... the resemblance to his father undeniable...
watching him is like watching Dan as a child...
and when the likeness is mentioned, Dan's eyes just light up.  He is such a proud father.
Marriage soon followed.
Life has been trying for the most part...
With the loss of Karron's much loved father...
of friends and other family members...
And yet, they take it all in their stride...
They fight on...
And they grow stronger...
Closer...



Just four and a half months ago little Miss Jenessa Marrie {Jess, as she is lovingly known}
 arrived... the icing on an already pretty sweet cake!

The strength of character in this family is just so obvious to all who know them, and to those who don't.  Their love for their children is so blindingly obvious and they just exude their belief ~ that family is paramount.
I just know these children will grow to be amazing people with such devoted parents by their sides.  With Karron and Dan guiding them, they will walk through this life, with the confidence that home is always there... the door will always be open...
That while they grow and learn and make mistakes of their own, their world will remain safe...
and comforting...
That no matter what...
their mother and father will remain there, right by their side.  Karron and Dan are honestly two of the most genuine people I have ever known...
There is no shame in owning mistakes...
asking for guidance...
in being uncertain.  They love openly, freely, wholly.



It is blindingly obvious that they are still as smitten today as they were on the very day they realised that there was a bigger plan for them both...
That they were destined for one another...
That in time, their hands and hearts would join and they would walk on into a new life as the amazing, loving couple they are today...
They have been blessed in this life...
their home now filled with the noise and footsteps of their three beautiful children...
Children whose souls are so gentle and kind... who admire and respect their parents, and each other.



And the best way to show you how much this family really adore each other?
Well... I added a little something from an email Karron sent me, in her very own words:

"It has been 12 years since we first met, nearly 8 years since we started dating, and 5 years of marriage, but we would be lost without each other and our beautiful children, as each day just proves that there is always more time and more ways to love the people you really care for in your life.  
I know it is soppy and really corny but I don't often get a chance to tell people how i really feel bout my husband and children, deep, deep down.  I am proud, awed, amazed, occasionally overwhelmed and always truly, truly in love with each and every one of them and always will be for the rest of my life and beyond."















2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow those are some great photos and I love the locations you select. I don't know where to look for cool places to shoot.

Karron Annetts said...

wow what can i say,a bit of a tear came to my eye when i read the blog it is so beautiful and the pictures are stunning,i cannot believe how perfect they are!!!
thank you for letting us be us and capturing it in both pictures and words,i cannot express how much i want to thank you.

Post a Comment