Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 5
Welcome to Hayley Johnson Photography {The Blog}. Won't you grab yourself a warm chai tea and stay a while?

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sweet, Sweet Treats {Wagga Wagga Child Portrait Photographer}

It has been months since we first set the wheels in motion... Since my vision of all things pink... pretty... frilly...
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L began to blossom...
Since I was asked to document these stunningly beautiful darlings.
We eagerly awaited Spring... the months when the rain would no longer fall... long after the winds had blown the storms into the distance.
We longed for warmer days... for tutus... wildflowers... the sweet sun kisses upon our skin...
As the days began to warm, the anticipation grew... We set the date.

Mother Nature had plans of her own... the long green grass now withering under the savage heat of the Wagga sun...
Summer.  Premature.
Would our vision come to life?
We were blessed with the beauty of a creek bed... a clearing... a magical land all of our very own...
where for just a short while we were able to pretend that Spring was still here...
within our grasp... as it should be.
And although I suffered terribly from heatstroke come the afternoon...
my few hours with these two princesses... in our own private little world... with petti~skirts and teddy bears...
surrounded by thick, lush growth and wildflowers...
Were fun... and amazing... and boy, Oh~so~Sweet!!

Here is a little of what I was able to capture of this most precious little twosome...

Our journey began at what would have to be one of our city's most delightful little treasures...
"At the Farm" is the cutest little shabby chic, rustic cafe around... and also where I spend quite a lot of my weekends with my family!  The humble old homestead sits by the highway in Gumly Gumly, on the outskirts of town.  Set on a paddock, filled to the brim with old, mismatched creme cast iron and timber furniture...
a most fitting setting for a princess tea party... My youngest sister and I often spend our days there... reading... knitting... chatting... while Alexander and Ella play in the sand pit... kick the soccer ball... feed the horses and sheep... just BE.

And so... I knew, from the moment we planned our portrait session... that right there, at the farm...
at a small cast iron table, painted creme...
under the orange trees... under the lanterns...
would be the most perfect place for a tea party...
Fit for two adorable princesses.



About one minute before this shot was taken, I said to Mackenzie, "Take a sip from your teacup for me sweetie"... and she glanced at me as though I were a madwoman and said "I don't have milk in it yet!!"




Montanna is an avid  reader... and so her Mum asked me to bring along one of my old books... Montanna was amazed to discover that my complete poetical works of Lord Byron is around 110 years old!








It was a little more difficult to get this shot than it should have been... Mackenzie was none too thrilled to be asked to hold up the mirror for her sister... as Montanna had just applied some nail polish to Mackenzie's toes... and half her foot... and little Miss M was UNIMPRESSED and refused to talk to her big sis for a little while!!




A little ruffled... crooked... hair a mess... a mismatched fairy... G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S!!!




How stunningly beautiful are these girls?!  








Meet Goldie...
She came along for our session also... a much loved part of the family






This photo makes me wish I had a big sister...



Montanna is just such a wonderful older sister... You can just see Mackenzie's eyes light up when she is with her!






Oh, how I love this age... gaps in gums... a mix of child and adult teeth... just so beautiful!







I loved everything about this session... EVERYTHING, that is except the heatstroke later that afternoon...
I am quite sure there will be more to come very soon...


1 comments:

Megan said...

i just loved these- so creative, right down to hanging birds. i loved them, and loved the processing!

Megan

Post a Comment